The Mimecast user research team (working with product and design teams) needs customers like you to help improve Mimecast products, and ensure they work well for the people who use them.
Why join our User Research panel?
You’ll have the ability to:
- Help shape Mimecast products and their features
- Get a sneak peek at design enhancements and new offerings…before the general public
- Share your opinions and experiences (the good and the bad!) that can help us make better products
- Earn Mimecaster Central points for cool swag when you complete a research session with us
Once you’ve joined, we'll drop you a confirmation email, and you might be invited to:
- Try out a new design in an interactive prototype and talk to us about your experience in your role, or with our products (30-60 minutes for 750-1500 Mimecaster Central points)
- Participate in a quick online exercise (5-15 minutes for 750 Mimecaster Central points)
You can always say no to any invite, and opt out at any time!
Taking Part in User Research (FAQs)
Q: What's the process?
A: Once you've joined up, and there's an upcoming research project that seems relevant to you, we'll send an email inviting you to take part (possibly asking a few more questions), and if all is well, we'll find a mutually convenient time, and schedule a session.
Q: What will I be asked to do?
A: Most of the time, we'll start off with a few questions, and then ask you to either demonstrate how you do something, or ask you to do some tasks in a prototype. Then we'll typically finish with a few more questions.
Q: What set up do I need to participate?
- A computer connected to high-speed internet for screensharing
- The ability to install a small helper app for Zoom, our online meeting software
- A quiet environment
- Sometimes, we do research on mobile devices, but we'll let you know when we send the invitation to take part
Q: Where do the sessions take place?
A: You don’t need to travel anywhere as we use Zoom for online meetings. If you live more than 10 timezones away from the UK, we may only be able to use you for quick online exercises. If you are in London or nearby, we could try to meet face to face, which is always nice! Or if you're at a Mimecast or other industry event, it would also be possible to meet there.
Q: What's the time commitment?
A: In terms of frequency, we will never expect you to participate more than 1 hour per every 3 months (though we may reach out more frequently, you can always say no). In terms of meeting length, sessions are kept as short as possible, typically 30-45 minutes. In some instances, we'll need to have an in-depth discussion which will be no more than an hour. All of this will be communicated up front.
Q: Will the meeting be recorded?
A: Usually just the voice and the screen containing our prototype with example data, but depends on the project. You’ll always be asked if the session can be recorded - you can say ‘no’ if you want to. And we won't record any of your company data. Recording helps us show relevant product team members what happened during a session.
Q: Who can take part?
A: You must be 18 or older and a current Mimecast customer to take part.
Q: Who do I contact for questions/comments?
A: Contact Lisa, Sophie, and Rebecca at (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information or to update your details after you've signed up.