If your administrator has enabled you to view your archived folders, you can access messages in them as they appear in your Microsoft Outlook mailbox. This is the case even if your mail server is unavailable, or the message has since been deleted from Microsoft Outlook. Mimecast will display the current location for each message, and if a message has been deleted from your mail server, it will be displayed in the last known location before it was deleted.
To access your archive folders :
- Click on the Archive Folders tab. A list of your archived folders is displayed.
- Click on the required folder to display its contents. This can be a:
- Inbox folder
- Folder added to your Favorites.
Including Deleted Folders (v7.2 or Later)
To include archived folders that have been deleted in your search:
- Click on the Include Deleted Folders option.
This option enables you to see:
- Your current folder structure (i.e. you can see folders that have been deleted).
- All messages in a folder.
Filtering Your Archive Folders
You can filter the archive folders to help find the folder you need. This is useful as it looks for folders and sub folders, regardless of whether the folder is displayed (e.g. a sub-folder exists in a folder that is in a collapsed state).
To filter your archive folders:
- Click in the Filter Archive Folders box.
- Start typing the name of a folder.
- Results are displays, as you type, below the filter field.
- Click on the required folder to display its contents.
Adding / Removing an Archive Folder as a Favorite
You can mark an archive folder as a favorite. Favorite folders are displayed directly below any filter results, but directly above your Microsoft Outlook folder hierarchy.
- Hover over the folder in the folder hierarchy.
- Either click the:
Searching an Archive Folder
See the Mimecast for Outlook: Searching Folders article for further information.
Exporting an Archive Folder
You can export the messages in an archive folder into one of your Microsoft Outlook folders.
- Right click the folder to be exported. A popup menu is displayed.
- Click on the Export Folder menu item. The Export panel is displayed.
- Select the Microsoft Outlook folder to place the messages by clicking the arrow to the left of your email address.
- Click the OK button.
The export starts with progress notifications displayed in the bottom right hand corner. For example:
A further notification is displayed when the export is complete.