Active Directory Synchronization using the Mimecast Synchronization Engine (MSE) allows you to automate the following administrative tasks. It uses a secure outbound connection from your organization's network to Mimecast to:
- Synchronize users from Active Directory to Mimecast.
- Synchronize groups and group membership from Active Directory to Mimecast.
- Synchronize user status from Active Directory to Mimecast (optional).
- Synchronize user attributes from Active Directory to Mimecast (optional).
- Automatically link user alias addresses to their respective primary address (optional).
MSE Active Directory Synchronization does not allow for authentication using Active Directory / Domain passwords. Authentication is made against the Active Directory server in real time.
Reference Guides and Technical Concepts
- Supported Active Directory environments
- Active Directory Synchronization: Default / Advanced Settings
- Understanding data flow for Active Directory Sync
- Administrator initiated Directory Sync
- Active Directory Synchronization: FAQ
- Active Directory Synchronization Attributes (You must have a Mimecaster Central Logon to access this page).
Administration Guides and Best Practices
- Mimecast Synchronization Engine: Enabling Active Directory Synchronization
- Synchronize additional attributes
- Migrating LDAP Synchronization to Active Directory Push Synchronization