There are various methods of installing Mimecast for Outlook. This page describes how end users, with the appropriate local administrator rights, can install Mimecast for Outlook as a standalone instance. See the "See Also" section at the bottom of this page, for details of other installation methods.
- All Mimecast for Outlook: Prerequisites are met.
- Microsoft Outlook is closed.
Installing Mimecast for Outlook
To install Mimecast for Outlook:
- Download the Mimecast for Outlook client.The download must match the version of your Microsoft Outlook installation, not your Windows operating system version.
- Run the Mimecast for Outlook executable. The Welcome dialog of the setup wizard is displayed.
- Click the Next button to start the installation.
- Read the End User License Agreement.
- Click the I accept the terms in the License Agreement option to accept the End User Licence Agreement.
- Click the Next button. Checks are performed to ensure all prerequisites have been met.
- If all prerequisites have been performed, click the Next button to continue with the installation.
- Specify the Installation Directory by either selecting:
- The default folder location.
- A new location by clicking the Change button.
- Click the Install button. The installation starts.
- Once complete, click the Finish button. Microsoft Outlook starts automatically when exiting the installation wizard.