Your administrator may have configured a cloud password for you to use, when authenticating your log on in Mimecast for Outlook. They may also have given you the ability to set or change your cloud password. This page describes how you can change your cloud password.
If you use your cloud password in other end user applications (e.g. Mimecast Personal Portal) ensure any changes made to it in Mimecast for Outlook are also applied there as well. Failure to do so results in incorrect authentication in the other applications.
To change your cloud password:
- Click on the Mimecast ribbon.
- Click on the Account Settings icon in the General section. The Authentication Settings dialog is displayed.
- Click on the Cloud Authentication authentication method. You are asked to authenticate your logon.
- Enter your current Cloud Password.
- Click the Edit button. The Password Reset dialog is displayed.
- Complete the dialog as follows:
Field / Option Description Current Password Enter your current cloud password. New Password Enter a new cloud password, ensuring it meets the requirements stated below both fields. Confirm New Password
- Click the Change Password button. Your cloud password is changed, and you'll be logged out of Mimecast for Outlook.