You can apply a document conversion profile to a message with Mimecast for Outlook. These policies allow you to perform various actions on the message including:
- Converting documents to other file formats.
- Stripping revision information from documents, including:
- Document properties
- Author credentials
- Tracked changes
- Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications macros.
You can also replace all attachments over 1MB from a message, and replace it with a notification sent to the recipient. It contains a link that allows the recipient to download the attachment from the Mimecast gateway.
To apply a document conversion policy:
- Open Microsoft for Outlook.
- Compose an email as normal.
- Click on the Mimecast tab.
- Click on the Document Conversion icon. A list of document conversion policies is displayed.
- Select the Document Conversion Policy you want to apply to the message.The "No Conversion" option ensures no Document Services policies are applied to the message.
- Click on the Send button.
Attachment Strip and Link
To strip out attachments: