If your administrator has configured a Document Services Definition and Policy, you can apply a document conversion profile to a message. This allows you to perform various actions on the message including:
- Converting documents to other file formats.
- Replace all attachments over 1 MB from a message, and replace it with a notification. This is sent to the recipient, and contains a link they can use to download the attachment from Mimecast.
- Stripping revision information from documents, including:
- Document properties
- Author credentials
- Tracked changes
- Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications macros.
To apply a document conversion policy:
- Open Microsoft for Outlook.
- Compose an email as normal.
- Click on the Mimecast tab.
- Click on the Document Conversion icon. A list of document conversion policies is displayed.
- Select the Document Conversion Policy you want to apply to the message.The "No Conversion" option ensures no Document Services policies are applied to the message.
- Click on the Send button.
Attachment Strip and Link
To strip out attachments: