When Mimecast for Outlook is opened, only the General section of the Mimecast tab is displayed.
This is normally due to the Mimecast Windows service not being started when Microsoft Outlook was started.
- Shut down Microsoft Outlook.
- Open the Microsoft Services by:
- Clicking the Start button.
- Clicking the Run menu item.
- Typing services.msc.
- View the status of the service. If necessary, start it by:
- Right clicking the service.
- Clicking the Start menu item.
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
If the service has started but the issue persists, it is possible another application / add-in is stopping the Mimecast service from starting. Mimecast Support will be able to assist you in investigating what is causing this behavior.