You can significantly improve the look and feel of your stationery layouts by including images (e.g. company branding, photos). This greatly improves the marketing perception of your organization, as external recipients are exposed to your company’s branding displayed in a consistent manner. Images can be displayed as:
- Static elements that don’t perform actions (e.g. company branding).
- Clickable components (e.g. to record a user's email address, promote products / services). Clicks generated by the image are available in the stationery reporting module.
All images used in a stationery layout must meet the following requirements:
- The image must be a common image file format (e.g. .GIF, .JPG, .JPEG, or .PNG).
- It is recommended images have a minimum resolution of 72 dpi.
- A guideline for image sizes is 270px for width, and 100px in height. However, almost any dimensions can be used (e.g. vertical or horizontal banners).
To use an image in a stationery layout you must:
- Upload the image to the image library.
- Add an image tag to your stationery layout.
- Assign the image to the stationery layout tag.
Uploading an Image to the Image Library
To use an image, the file must first be uploaded to the image library. Once there, it can be added to a stationery layout. To upload an image to the image library:
- Log on to the Administration Console.
- Click on the Administration toolbar button. A menu drop down is displayed.
- Click on the Stationery | Images menu item.
- Select a Folder into which the image will be placed. You cannot place an image in the Root folder.
- Click on the New Image button.
- Complete the Image Upload section as follows:
Field / Option Description Select Image Use this field to select the image to be uploaded.
- Click on the Choose File button.
- Select the Image to be uploaded.
- Click on the Open button. The file name is displayed in the field.
Image Information This is a display only field that displays information about an uploaded image (e.g. file path, file size). When uploading a new image this field displays "Not loaded".
- Click on the Upload and Preview button. A preview of the image is displayed.
- Click on the Save and Exit button. All the images located in the same folder are displayed.
Adding an Image Tag to a Stationery Layout
After an image is uploaded to the image library, you can add a reference to it in your stationery layout. The first part of this process involved adding a HTML tag to the stationery layout with the following components:
|MC type=clickimage||Yes||This is the Mimecast HTML tag for an image component.|
As there can be multiple images in a stationery layout, it is important you can identify which image is which. Replace "XXX" with a unique textual reference name of your choice. For example, if there are two images in the layout (one at the top and one at the bottom) you could use:
|Resize=true||No||If specified, the image is resized when viewed on devices with smaller screens. For example if the width of a device's screen is 375px, but an image is 500px, the image is resized to the width of the device.|
<MC type=clickimage code=producta resize=true>
Assigning an Image to the Stationery Layout Tag
With the image added to a stationery layout in the HTML, you need to link the reference to the image. Without doing this, the image displays as a yellow box in the layout:
To link an image to the HTML:
- Click on the Yellow Box. The stationery layout's properties are displayed.
- Click on the Lookup button to the right of the "Assigned Image" field.
- Select the folder where the image to be assigned is located.
- Click on the required image. The image is previewed inside the stationery layout.
- Click on the Save and Exit button.