This article outlines guidance relating to deploying Mimecast for Outlook in line with the Microsoft Click-To-Run licensing model. Outlook 2013 and Outlook Office 365 ProPlus use this deployment method.
- Administrators deploying Mimecast for Outlook.
- Where Microsoft Outlook or Office 365 ProPlus is deployed using Click-To-Run deployment.
The following guidance is provided in addition to the generic deployment administrator guides:
- Microsoft Outlook must be set as a requirement prior to deploying Mimecast for Outlook.
- Microsoft Outlook must be fully installed prior to Mimecast for Outlook being deployed.
- If using a software deployment such as Microsoft SCCM, sequencing should be used to ensure Microsoft Outlook is installed prior to deploying Mimecast for Outlook.
- Multiple versions of Microsoft Outlook must not be installed side by side (e.g. Microsoft Outlook 2016 Desktop and Microsoft Outlook Office 365 ProPlus). Mimecast for Outlook may not operate correctly if they are.