Mimecast for Outlook allows users to gain real time access to their Mimecast services from inside Outlook using the Mimecast ribbons (see below). This includes the ability to search for messages and files in their personal archive, even though these may no longer be available on your email server. During a planned or unplanned mail server outage, you can also continue to send and receive messages.
Mimecast for Outlook provides the following benefits:
- Powerful archive search capability.
- Export search results back into Microsoft Outlook.
- View and search for archived files and documents.
- Report potential spam to the Mimecast security team.
- Blocked and permitted senders.
- Personal / moderated message hold queues.
- Predefined stationery to outgoing messages.
- document conversion policies.
- Secure messages.
- Large file attachments
- Continue to send and receive mail during a mail server outage.
- The archive provides a familiar view of the folder structure and email, even if they have been removed from the Exchange.
- Ability to switch between your own account and other accounts you've been delegated to manage (v7 onwards).