Platform retirement - Mac OS X 10.7

Document created by user.oxriBaJeN4 Employee on Sep 4, 2015
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Apple Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) is being retired as a supported operating system for Mimecast products. This article explains what Apple Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) retirement means to current customers who have Mimecast products installed on this operating system.
Products affected include:

• Mimecast for Mac

What is the impact?

Version 2.1 of Mimecast for Mac, released in April 2015, is the last supported version for devices running Apple Mac OS X 10.7. Additionally, the end-of-support date for Apple Mac OS X 10.7 is 27th April 2016. This means that on that date, Mimecast will stop providing support for our software on Apple Mac devices running Apple Mac OS X 10.7. The earliest supported OS will be Apple Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion).

This means that:

• Apple Mac devices running Apple Mac OS X 10.7 will no longer receive automatic upgrades to the Mimecast for Mac app.
  • There will be no supported path to upgrade existing installations of Mimecast for Mac on Apple Mac OS X 10.7 after version 2.1.
  • After the end of support date, our Mimecast Support team can no longer guarantee assistance with issues arising from your use of Mimecast for Mac on Apple Mac OS X 10.7.
  • After the end of support date, Mimecast cannot guarantee that our products will operate without issues on Apple Mac OS X 10.7.

Frequently asked questions?

Why is Mimecast ending support for Apple Mac OS X 10.7?

Mimecast strives to continually innovate and evolve our solutions in order to provide customers with richer functionality and more robust products. For this reason, we cannot continue to support operating systems that are no longer supported or updated by their manufacturer. Many of the new features being introduced by Mimecast are able to be delivered in this version of the OS.

How will I know when my operating system is no longer supported by Mimecast?
When the next version of Mimecast for Mac app is released, we will post an announcement to our Support Community. Additionally, you can always find up-to-date information about supported operating systems in the Mimecast for Mac System Requirements.

What can I do to continue using future releases of the Mimecast for Mac app?
To continue receiving software updates and support for future releases of Mimecast software, you must upgrade your operating system to a supported version.

As a Mimecast for Mac administrator, what can I do to ensure that my Mimecast environment continues to function and that my users continue to be protected?

To continue receiving software updates and support for future releases of Mimecast software, you must upgrade the operating systems of Apple Mac devices in your Mimecast environment to a supported version. If you have any questions, contact our Mimecast Support team.

Can I upgrade my Apple Mac running Apple Mac OS X 10.7 to a supported version?

Appropriate Apple support documentation should be consulted in order to fully understand the upgrade path for your device and current OS.

Attachments

Outcomes