This article describes how to install Mimecast for mac.
- Administrators of Mimecast for Mac
- End users of Mimecast for Mac
- Download and launch the Mimecast for Mac DMG file.
- You will need local admin rights to perform this task.
- Updates to the application will also require you to have local admin rights.
- Complete the required steps in the installation wizard, and then proceed to configure your account as detailed below.
- Upon first launch Mimecast for Mac will prompt to install the Mimecast integration for Microsoft Outlook 2011. This provides search integration allowing you to:
This only applies to Outlook 2011 and Mimecast for Mac v2.1 and below. Licensing changes prevent Mimecast from providing this technology in later releases.
- Click Install to integrate Mimecast for Mac with Microsoft Outlook 2011.
- Complete your email address and click the Next button.
- Add your password. This could be either a standard network password (Domain password), or your Administrator will issue a Mimecast Cloud password to you. Select the appropriate password type, then click the Login button.
- If the authentication of your details is successful, a welcome tour will be displayed allowing you to quickly step through a few of the main features.