If your organization uses Google Apps with Mimecast, all mail including messages sent to internal recipients are routed through Mimecast. Mimecast has observed that Targeted Threat Protection - URL Protect doesn't apply to links found in Google Calendar invitations that have been sent to an internal recipient. This can be resolved by creating a specific policy in the Administration Console.
Creating a URL Protection Policy
To create a URL Protection policy:
- Log on to the Administration Console.
- Click on the Administration toolbar button.
- Select the Gateway | Policies menu item.
- Select the URL Protection list item.
- Click on the New Policy button.
- Provide a Narrative for the policy.
- Select the Definition you want to be applied from the "Select Option" drop down list.
- When setting the Emails From value,
- Change the Address Based On field to "The Return Address (Email Envelope From)".
- Change the Applies From field to "Email Domain", and in the "Specifically" field input:
- Set the Emails To value to "Internal Recipients".
- Click on the Save and Exit button.