Large File Send enables users to safely send and receive files up to 2 GB in size. The ability to receive files through the Large File Send feature requires the configuration of one of the following settings in the Administration Console:
- Large File Send Prime (250 MB limit)
- Large File Send Pro (2 GB limit)
Once configured, users can receive Large File Send attachments via the Large File Send Portal from the following Mimecast applications:
- Mimecast for Outlook
- Mimecast for Mac
- Mimecast Personal Portal
- Administrators responsible for configuring user settings in the above Mimecast applications.
- Administrators with edit permissions to the Services | Applications menu.
- Log on to the Administration Console.
- Navigate to the Administration | Services | Applications menu item.
- Click on either:
- The New Application Setting button.
- A previously created Application Setting.
- Under the Common Application Settings section, use the Lookup buttons to select:
- The Group the setting should apply to.
- The Authentication Profile the setting should apply to.
- Scroll down and click on the LFS Settings section. The Large File Send Package option displays.
- Select either Prime - 250 MB Limit or Pro - 2 GB Limit from the drop down menu.
- Click on the Save and Exit button.
After the Large File Send setting is saved, it can take up to 15 minutes to take effect in the relevant Mimecast application. You'll need to restart the application to see the changes made.