You can send a message securely in Mimecast for Outlook using Mimecast's Secure Messaging functionality. This provides a user friendly, secure channel for sending and receiving sensitive information via email with external recipients. External recipients receive a notification inviting them to view the message in the Mimecast Secure Messaging Portal. This means the message does not pass through the recipients email server, and can only be seen by the recipient.
See the Secure Messaging page for further details.
To send a message securely:
- Open Mimecast for Outlook.
- Compose an email as normal.
- Click on the Mimecast tab.
- Click on the Send Securely icon. A drop down list of Secure Messaging Definitions is displayed.
- Select the definition you'd like applied to the message. A notification is displayed below the ribbon that the message will be sent via Mimecast Secure Messaging.
- Click the Send button. The message is sent to the recipient via the Secure Messaging Portal.