This guide describes the steps required to send a Secure Message using the Mimecast for Mac application.
- Mimecast for Mac 2.0 and later.
- From the Mimecast for Mac application select to compose a new message.
- Click on the Send Secure icon as displayed in the image above to reveal a list of Secure Messaging definitions published by your administrator.
- Select the definition you wish to apply and compose your message as you would normally.
- After selecting a definition you should see a banner appear at the top of the message compose window confirming your action.
- When you are ready click the send button as you would normally and your message will be delivered to the Secure Messaging isolation area.
Secure Messaging is only applicable to outbound messages to external recipients. When you use this option, external recipients will receive a notification inviting them to view your email in the Mimecast Secure Messaging Portal.