Secure Messaging Portal
The Secure Messaging Portal is the primary application that recipients of a Secure Message will use to interact with your company via email, as well as a place where internal users of a Mimecast customer can interact with Secure Messages.
While in the Portal users can perform the following tasks:
- View all Secure Messages sent and received
- Search their Secure Messaging mailbox
- Compose a new Secure Message
- Reply to Secure Messages
- Set personal preferences, including,
- The homepage (Inbox, Sent items, Personal On hold etc)
- Time Zone
- Preferred date, time, first day of the week format
- A signature to be appended to Secure Messages sent from the Portal.
Mimecast for Outlook
Secure Messaging can be initiated and managed from the Mimecast for Outlook application, allowing end users to take advantage of the feature without having to leave the familiar Outlook interface.
These features require Mimecast for Outlook 5.3 and later.
Users have access to the following the features:
- Send a Secure Message using Secure Messaging definitions published by an administrator.
- Manage messages sent by Secure Messaging, including,
- view the read / unread status of a message
- view information about the message actions permitted for the recipient
- extend the expiry of a message
- recall a message that has been previously sent
Mimecast for Mac
Using the Mimecast for Mac application, users can specify to send a Secure Message to an external recipient, allowing Apple Mac users to use this feature from a desktop application.
This features requires Mimecast for Mac 2.0 and later.