The Secure Messaging portal is used by both internal and external users alike. With Secure Messaging you can add your corporate branding, including your company colors and logo, to your company's messages. The configurations made here can also be applied to your Secure Messaging notifications.
When your users send messages externally using Secure Messaging, log-in credentials are created for external recipients to your organization’s Secure Messaging portal, to allow them access to the information. When your organization configures the Secure Messaging portal, you should consider whether your landing page should advise external parties of their obligations. These could include instructions not to allow unauthorized access, and logon credentials being intended for the recipient only and may not be shared. You may also want to reinforce the idea that all email content is confidential and the property of your organization.
What You'll Need
- A Mimecast account with access to the Administration | Stationery | Branding menu.
- Your corporate branding assets, including:
- Your company name as you want it to display in your branded portal
- A name to prefix your branded portal.
- Your primary corporate colors (optional).
- Your corporate logo (optional).
The maximum size for your logo is 120(h) x up to 300(w) pixels.
- A web favicon that will be used in web browser address bars, history and bookmarks:
- Image size: 16(h) x 16(w) pixels
- File Type: ICO format
- Maximum size: 15 KB. (optional)
- Text to add as a disclaimer on the login page (optional).
- Login to the Administration Console.
- Click on the Administration toolbar button. A menu drop down is displayed.
- Click on the Stationery | Branding menu item.
- Create the branding set as described in theCreating a Branding Definition page.
- Create / change a Definition and Policy which includes the Secure Messaging notifications.
- Apply branding to the notification sets as described in the Apply Branding to Notifications page.