Follow the steps below to configure Secure Messaging in your environment:
- Decide how Secure Messaging is triggered.
- Configure Secure Messaging notifications.
- Add your corporate branding. This requires our Branding package.
Deciding How Secure Messaging is Triggered
Secure Messaging can be triggered by the following methods:
- End users when sending a message.
- Automatically based on the message's content. See the Configuring Content Examination Definitions and Policies page for further details.
- A Secure Messaging policy. See the Configuring Secure Messaging Definitions and Policies page for further details. Secure Messaging Lite supports two default definitions which cannot be changed. Additional definitions can be created.
Configuring Secure Messaging Notifications
When secure messages are sent, each recipient receives a message indicating that they have a secure message available in the Secure Messaging Portal. The message includes the default customer name as configured on the Gateway of the company sending the message. These notifications can be customized to include company specific text if needed.
Secure Messaging and Secure Messaging-Lite notifications have the "private" tag associated with them. If privacy is enabled on a shared mailbox, the mailbox will not see the Secure Messaging notifications.
Adding Your Corporate Branding
Mimecast Branding is a chargeable package. If this is not part of your current subscription you will not see the Branding menu in the Administration Console. Contact your Account Manager to discuss adding this to your service.
Secure Messaging provides you with the capability to optionally add your corporate branding to the Secure Messaging Portal used by internal and external users, as well as the notifications that external recipients will receive.