The Service Monitor can be accessed via:
- The Administration Console.
- The dedicated Service Monitor URL.
Accessing via the Administration Console
Accessing the Service Monitor via the Administration Console has the advantage of not prompting you to enter your user credentials. This is because you have been authenticated when logging into the Administration Console.
- Open your web browser.
- Log on to the Administration Console.
- Click on the Application Switcher Icon near the top right hand corner.
- Click the Service Monitor icon. The Service Monitor is displayed.
Accessing via the Dedicated Service Monitor URL
Accessing the Service Monitor via the dedicated URL prompts you to enter your user credentials.
To log on to the Service Monitor:
- Navigate to the Service Monitor portal.
- Enter your Email Address. This should be the email address you usually use to send and receive email.
- Click the Next button.
- Enter your Password. This can be either your:
- Local subscriber password.
- Mimecast cloud password.
- Directory (network) password if you're logging on with Directory service details.To log in using a Mimecast cloud or Directory password, you must have at least the Basic Administrator role to the Administration Console. See the Permissions section below for further details.
- Click the Log In button.
However, you can log out before that if you wish.
To log out of the Service Monitor:
- Click the Account icon in the top right corner.
- Click the Logout menu item.
Access to the Service Monitor is available to administrators who have sufficient permission, or who have a local subscriber account configured. The following default roles have the required permissions to access to Service Monitor:
- Super Administrator
- Full Administrator
- Basic Administrator
Access can be added for other roles by clicking the Service Monitor permission in the Application Permissions (see right).