As an Administrator it is important for you to be able to monitor the Mimecast services for which you are responsible. Doing so allows you to proactively solve problems with your service (e.g. breached queue thresholds, synchronization service failures) as they arise.
All of this, and more, is achieved with the Service Monitor. Every 15 minutes it takes a snapshot of your services, allowing you to monitor the status of your:
- Outbound and inbound email delivery
- Directory synchronization
Additionally it allows you to:
- Configure alerts sent to subscribers by email and / or SMS when a problem exists.
- Manage the list of subscribers set to receive early notification of potential issues.
- List recent alerts up to 90 days in the past.
- List all new, open and on hold support cases with Mimecast.
The Service Monitor displays information in one of the following tabs:
The dashboard is displayed by default when the Service Monitor is opened. It displays a graphical representation of your outbound delivery, inbound delivery, and journaling queues by default. Access to the status of your journaling and Active Directory (AD) services in also available in the relevant tab.
Displays a list of any recent alerts issued to subscribers. The list can be filtered by selecting a time scale, subscriber, or queue / service type.
Enables you to set the thresholds for each alert type. Subscribers must be set up with the required notification options, before they can start receiving the alerts.
Enables you to set up users to receive alert messages for Mimecast services.
Lists your new, open, and on hold support cases with us, with the last message associated with each case displayed.