Mimecast provides a default set of graphs and reports. Administrators may also be interested in viewing the company's email usage with different filters. Custom Report Definitions allow Administrators to specify the following:
- Report type
- Report filters e.g. domain, email address or groups
- How the data is displayed
- Number of results returned
Reports can also be downloaded for review in CSV format or emailed out in PDF format. Custom Report Definitions allow control over the report filters and how the data is displayed. By creating customized reports, Administrators can view data relevant to the email environment quickly and easily. Similar to other groups of graphs, Administrators are also able to schedule custom reports to be emailed out or simply download these reports from the Administration Console. These reports can then be analyzed, and any necessary changes made.
Using Custom Report Definitions
To create a custom report:
- Log in to the Administration Console.
- Click on the Administration toolbar button. A menu drop down is displayed.
- Click on the Reporting | Overview menu item.
- Click on the Custom Report Definitions button. This presents a list of existing definitions
- Click on the New Custom Report button in the task toolbar and complete the various fields:
Provide a display name for your custom report. This name will be listed in the Custom Reports menu
|Report Description||Add additional detail or a description for the report||-|
|Report Type||Select the Report Type from the drop-down options. Depending on the Report Type selected, will determine what options are available in the Group Totals By, and Filter Results On sections.|
|Group Totals By||Select how you want the data grouped|
|Limit Results to||Choose how many results you would like displayed|
|Filter Results On||This allows you to determine what detail you want included. Whichever option you select, will determine what information you can then populate. e.g if you select Domains, you are able to lookup the Internal Domain list. If you choose Group/AD Group, the lookup will direct you to a list of local Groups and AD Groups. You are then able to select the Group, Domain, or email address you wish to report on|
* For Rejection reports only "Domain" or "None" are available options.
|Domain Name Profile Group / AD Group Email Address.||This field will change based on the filter selected above. To add additional domains/groups/email addresses click on the Add button. Use the delete button to remove the selected domain from the field.|
Click on the Lookup button to select an Internal Domain, Group or Email Address.
4. Once the fields have been completed, click on the Save and Exit button to save the definition.
Click on the report and the updated results will be displayed in the right-hand pane. The results are displayed in a table format, and can be downloaded by clicking on the Download as csv button:
To delete a custom report, click on the definition and select the Remove Definition button.