All Mimecast Synchronization Engine related options are presented in a dashboard called File Archiving. From the dashboard, administrators can manage existing Mimecast Synchronization Engine sites, file archive definitions, schedules, and file archive tasks. They can also view a log of recent task activity.
File archiving provides a single page to access all your MSE tasks and settings. Administrators are able to perform the following tasks:
- View existing and create new file archiving definitions, schedules, and file archiving tasks.
- View a dynamic log of recent file archiving task activity.
- Access the relevant MSE related knowledge base articles.
- Download the latest MSE installer package.
Using the File Archive Dashboard
To display the dashboard:
- Log in to the Administration Console.
- Click on the Administration toolbar button.
- Click on the Services | File Archive menu item.
The dashboard consists of widgets which contain information about existing settings as well as a log of recent MSE task activity:
Use the drop down menu options to manage File Archive Definitions, Schedules and File Archive Tasks:
|File Archiving Definitions|
The drop-down menu provides a list of all the File Archiving definitions available, and is used to edit or create definitions:
|Schedules||The drop down menu provides options to edit existing schedules, and to create a schedule definition.|
|New File Archive Task||Launches the page used to create a new file archive task.|
|View Archives||Displays a list of folders that contain the archived files.|
The dashboard is made up of nine widgets as described below:
File Archiving Tasks
The top section of the dashboard displays the following sections:
- User Share and Network Share: These provide an overview of all file archiving tasks, with a status for each. File archiving tasks are the definitions configured to apply to a certain group based on a preconfigured schedule. Each is shown with two components:
- Recent Activity: Displays the status of the active tasks. A red icon indicates all the active tasks need attention, whilst an orange icon indicates one or more tasks needs attention. A green icon indicates all the tasks are running.
- 'x' Tasks: displays the number of tasks created for this specific task type. Selecting the link displays a list of configured file archive tasks, but this is filtered so only the selected task type is visible.
- Download Information: Links out to the MSE installer page.
Total File Archiving
Shows an overall consumption chart of the file archive storage for your account, and displays the available storage capacity and usage. Hover over the pie chart components for additional information.
Daily File Archiving Activity
A chart with an interactive slider to review daily file archiving activity for the last seven days. The filter buttons at the bottom of the chart allow you to show or hide specific File Archive task activity:
Displays the last ten tasks that have been executed. The tasks are ordered by the last active date, with the most recent task being displayed first.
If there are no tasks configured, the log will not display any information. Each entry represents one task and provides the following information:
|Site||The name of the server where MSE is installed in the customer’s environment.|
The task type is based on the Definition type:
|Description||A description of the task.|
|Schedule||A description of the schedule.|
Status of the MSE task:
Status of the last MSE task :
|Last Active||Date and time the task last executed|
|(Logs button)||Links to the Task Summary Logs for each Task|
Clicking on a log button opens the file archiving task properties page.