Mimecast Mobile for BlackBerry doesn't attempt to replicate all email features supported by your BlackBerry device. Instead it provides a finite set of tools that let your users receive, reply to, and send business critical email during DR events, as well as interact with their personal Mimecast archive.
Note the following known issues:
- Email application encryption settings are not supported.
- Read and delivery receipts are not supported.
- Email signatures are not supported, although Mimecast Stationery is appended as normal.
- Modifying the Importance of an email is not supported.
- Calendar invitations are not supported.
- During DR mode, if the full body or attachment for non-DR emails has not been downloaded, users will only be able to display the part of the message which was fetched. You won't be able to download the rest of a non-DR email if the BES server is not available.
- If the BlackBerry user has only a mobile connection available and receives a call, the BlackBerry client won't be able to connect to us until the call ends.
- On BlackBerry devices running OS versions 4.6.x and 4.6.1.x, it may take two attempts to open an attachment from a DR email, once successfully downloaded.
- On BlackBerry devices running OS versions 6.x and 7.x, any emails saved as drafts on the BlackBerry device when the Mimecast Mobile for BlackBerry client is disabled (manually or due to critical battery levels) won't be sent when the client is reenabled. These emails will need to be composed again and sent with the client enabled.
- On BlackBerry devices running OS versions 6.x and 7.x, duplicate emails will be sent if the BlackBerry device still has connectivity to the BES during the continuity event. We recommend that email redirection be disabled via a BES policy when running a Continuity event with the BES server available.
When installing and implementing Mimecast’s BlackBerry software, it is important to be aware of some of the known incompatibilities between the plug-in and specific BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) policies.