Mimecast Mobile for Windows Phone is first installed, and then an email account must be configured in order to authenticate with Mimecast and access the Archive Search capabilities. Mimecast Mobile for Windows Phone is available in all worldwide Windows Phone Marketplaces.
Search for Mimecast to locate it, and follow the on-screen instructions to start the download. Once installed, look for the app named Mimecast in the Windows Phone application list.
Once installed, you will need to enter your credentials in order to authenticate with Mimecast.
- Launch the Mimecast application from the application list, or from the Home screen of the Windows Phone.
- The first time you launch the Windows Phone application, you will be greeted with the Welcome screen which provides details about how to enter your credentials. Once these have been viewed, tap the Continue button.
- By default, no credentials are configured. Complete your email address and then tap the Save icon.
- Enter your password, and select the password type by tapping on the appropriate Authentication Type. Your Administrator will let you know which type to select, but if you are not sure which to use, select the Active Directory option and type in your regular network password.
- Tap the Save icon, and the app will validate the account information with Mimecast.
If your credentials cannot be validated, please contact your Administrator.
- If the credentials are valid, a Passcode must be configured. Your 4-digit Passcode will be used to access the Mimecast app. By default, the Passcode must be used when the app has been inactive for 15 minutes or more.
- Complete your 4-digit Passcode, and then re-enter the Passcode to confirm it.
- Once the Passcode has been confirmed, the app is available for use and launches. The Search view is displayed by default.
Changing your Account
To change your username or password, open the Credentials page again and type the new values into the text fields.
Some data is specific to the account and will be deleted when a new account is successfully saved.