An archive search allows you to filter messages in the archive. The criteria used in the search can be retained for ease of use in future searches using a Saved Search. Saved searches have multiple uses. For example:
- To save frequently used search parameters.
- As part of a message export.
- For eDiscovery cases.
Creating a Saved Search
To create a saved search:
- Log on to the Administration Console.
- Click on the Administration toolbar button.
- Select the Archive | Saved Searches menu item. A list of your saved searches is displayed.
- Select a Folder. You cannot save a search in the Root folder.
- Click on the New Search button. A page similar to the Archive Search page is displayed. The only difference is that a Saved Search Description field is available, which allows you to provide a description for the search:
- Complete the dialog as follows:
Field / Option Description Saved Search Description Specify a name for the search. Email Components
Specify the email components to search through. For example:
- Subject Line
- Message Headers
- Message Body
- Attachment Name
- Attachment Type
Include Litigation Hold Messages If selected the search includes items on Litigation Hold that have exceeded their expiry date. From Address (or Domain) Specifies the sender's email address or domain name. To Address (or Domain) Specifies the recipient's email address or domain name. From Date / To Date Specifies the search's date and time parameters. Route Specifies whether the search is for inbound, outbound, or internal messages. Results Order Specifies the order in which the search results are returned.None of the field names are required, but the more parameters that are provided, the more accurate the search results will be. For detailed information on Archive searches and the available search options, view this related article
- Select the Search button to view the results. Once the search results are displayed, the View menu can be used to re-sort the results.
- Select the Go Back button when you've confirmed the results and search criteria.
- Select the Save and Exit button to save the search criteria. You are returned to the list of all saved searches (if any). To view the search results, find the saved search in the list and select it.
Managing Saved Searches
There are various options available to manage saved searches. These are accessed by right clicking on the Saved Search.
|View Search Results||This provides the same outcome as clicking on the search. It displays the most up to date search results, based on the saved criteria.|
|View Search Options||Shows the Archive search screen with selected search options.|
|Move Search||Saved Searches can be grouped into folders. This allows searches to be moved into a particular folder.|
Deletes the Saved Search.
Saved Searches cannot be deleted if they are referenced in an eDiscovery Case or a message Export. To keep your account organized, you may decide to create an archive folder and move the Saved Searches into that folder.
|Export Search||Send the Saved Search to Message Exports. |
This option is only available when logged on as an administrator with Content Viewing rights. In order for a Message Export to be performed, a Saved Search is required.