Document Services provides additional features related to Data Leak Prevention, and controls attachments sent or received from your organization. Mimecast can be configured to remove confidential metadata from documents, or to convert documents to PDF/ODF or a different version of the document, before being delivered to the recipient. Document Services is an add on Mimecast feature that can be used to strip revision information from documents, including:
- Document Properties
- Author Credentials
- Tracked Changes
- Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications macros.
Most of these are never knowingly added and, more importantly, are never intended to be viewed outside the organization.
- Documents can also be automatically converted into PDF or ODF format. This reduces the potential risk of metadata access and assists in securing documents against any accidental or intentional changes by the recipient.
- To aid in communicating with external organizations that may have different versions of Word, policies can be created to convert Word documents into older or newer versions of Word.
What you need
- An Administrator Console logon with access to the Administration | Gateway | Policies menu item.
- A previously configured Document Services definition.
Creating a policy
To create a policy, follow the instructions in the Creating / Changing a Policy article, but using the following options:
|Policy Narrative||Provide a description for the Policy to allow you to easily identify it in the future.|
|Select Document Services Policy|
Use the Lookup button to select the required Document Services definition for the policy.
You can have an Document Services Bypass policy. See here for further details.