If Mimecast cannot connect to the customers environment using POP3, the journal connection to the IP address that has been specified for journaling will fail.
This means that Mimecast is unable to extract journal messages and archive them.
Once the administrator has confirmed that no infrastructure or device changes have been made, please consider the following:
- Are there any connection issues that have arisen at your infrastructure?
- Have any changes been made recently to your Company firewall?
- Have you ensured that you allow connections to the appropriate port from the entire Mimecast regional IP Ranges, and have mapped them through to the correct destination?
- Is the POP3 service currently running on your mail server?
- Are there any large messages or incorrectly formatted messages in the journal mailbox preventing successful extraction?