Mimecast for Outlook and Mimecast for Mac provide multiple potential ways for end users to control the way emails are sent. These Message Actions require that users have the permission to use them both at the application level (in the form of settings), but also at mail processing and delivery level. This is controlled using the Message Actions Policy.
As part of the implementation process, a Message Action Policy is created. This Policy allows users to invoke these message actions if Mimecast for Outlook or Mimecast for Mac are installed.
Mimecast recommends that any changes to end users capabilities to control their message actions, should be managed using Capabilities. This policy should only be amended if specifically working with Mimecast Support on an issue.
These actions change the way emails are handled or delivered, including:
- Determining the delivery method of the email i.e. sending the email securely via TLS or CCM
- Applying Stationery to email messages
- Stripping and Linking an attachment
- Applying Document Services to an email attachment
What you need
- An Administrator Console logon with access to the Administration | Gateway | Policies menu item.
Creating a policy
To create a policy, follow the instructions in the Creating / Changing a Policy article, but using the following options:
|Policy Narrative||Provide a description for the Policy to allow you to easily identify it in the future.|
Select whether to enable or disable message actions.