This guide describes the process of how Administrators can create or change a Digest Sets definition.
To create or change a definition you must:
- Be logged on to the Mimecast Administration Console.
- Have access to the relevant Gateway menu item for the definition being created or changed.
Creating / Changing a Digest Sets Definition
To create / change a Digest Sets definition:
- Open the Gateway Policy Editor.
- Select the Definitions drop down. A list of the definition types is displayed.
- Select the Digest Sets definition type from the list. The list of definitions is displayed.
- Either select the:
- Policy to be changed.
- New button to create a definition.
- Complete the page as follows:
Field Description Description Enter some descriptive text to make it easy to identify what the definition is being used for. Hold Digest Spam Policy
If selected, the Digest Set is applied to inbound emails if they trigger a Spam Scanning definition.
Hold Digest Attachment Policy If selected, the Digest Set is applied to inbound emails if they trigger an Attachment Management definition. Hold Digest Content Policy If selected, the Digest Set is applied to inbound emails if they trigger a Content Examination definition. Send Hold Digest at <hour> Specify the digest set's time intervals. The time is based on the local time of your Mimecast account. If there is a requirement for different user groups to have different frequencies, multiple digest sets should be created. The following table shows the time zone for each of the Mimecast data centers. Data Center Time Zone EU Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) / British Summer Time (BST) US Eastern Standard Time (EST) / Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) ZA South Africa Standard Time (SAST) ZA Australia Eastern Standard Time (AEST) OffShore Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) / British Summer Time (BST) Send Hold Digest on <day> Specify the days of the week for the digest set.
- Select the Save and Exit button. The definition can now be added to a Digest Sets policy.