Applies to: version 2.9.1 and earlier.
This article will take you through the steps required to successfully install the Mimecast Synchronization Engine in your environment.
Using the Installation Wizard
The steps below should be followed to ensure successful installation of the Mimecast Synchronization Engine.
- Launch the .exe file to start the wizard with the Welcome screen.
- Click Next to proceed with the installation.
- Read the text of the End User License Agreement, and if you agree, select I accept the terms of the License Agreement.
- Click the Next button to continue.
- The installer then checks and confirms that certain prerequisite components are installed. Missing components will automatically be downloaded and installed, although this can also be performed manually. You will be notified if any of the required components are missing.
- Click the Next button to progress with the installation.
- Select the install location. Click the Browse button to alter the default location, or the Install button to proceed.
- Once complete, click on the Finish button.
The application does not require the host server to be rebooted.
Upgrading the Mimecast Synchronization Engine
The Mimecast Synchronization Engine installer allows for in place upgrades to later versions of the application.