The Administration Console dashboard gives you a birds eye view of your Mimecast system and services. It is displayed by default when you log in to the Administration Console. Should you need to access the dashboard after you've logged on, it is available from either:
- Administration Console: Accessing Your Recent History
- The specified item was not found..
- The Mimecast Applications toolbar icon
- The Administrator | Account | Dashboard menu item.
The Notification Feed displays notifications sent by Mimecast to you about your account. The notifications are displayed in a list with the latest at the top.
To change the filter:
- Click the down arrow to the right of the current filter. A popup menu is displayed.
- Click either:
- Product to display only notifications about your Mimecast products (e.g. news about recent releases).
- Service to display only notifications about your Mimecast service.In situations where we want to draw your attention to a notification (e.g. a service outage) this will be the only filter type available. You will not be able to see Product notifications until the notification no longer applies.
- All News to display a combination of your Product and Services notifications.
Additionally, service notifications have a color coded title and icon to help you identify their severity:
- Hover over a graph's data point to display the number of the emails per category at a given point in time.
- Click the See More link in the top right hand corner to navigate directly to the Monitoring | Delivery dialog.
- Click the icon in the top right corner of the graph to display a popup menu that allows you to:
- Print the graph.
- Download the graph to a .PNG, .JPEG. .PDF, or .SVG file.
Directory Connectors, Journal Connectors, and Exchange Service
The Directory Connectors, Journal Connectors, and Exchange Services sections each display a color coded status as follows:
- Green = Status is good.
- Amber = There is a partial disruption.
- Red = There is an issue.
Each section has a See More link to the right of the status. When clicked, this navigates directly to the relevant dialog as outlined below.
|Directory Connectors||Administration | Services | Directory Synchronization|
|Journal Connectors||Administration | Services | Journaling|
|Email Services||Administration | Services | Exchange Services|
Activity Over 24 Hours
The Activity Over 24 Hours section displays the total number of messages in each of the categories displayed below over the previous 24 hour period.
Click on the number of each category to display the relevant dialog as outlined below.
|Attachments Blocked||Administration | Monitoring | Attachments|
|Rejected Emails||Administration | Monitoring | Rejections|
|Bounced Emails||Administration | Monitoring | Bounces|
|Policy Edits||Administration | Gateway | Policies|
|Held Emails||Administration | Monitoring | Held|
|Attachments Linked||Administration | Monitoring | Attachments|
The Policy Edits and Held Emails section are automatically refreshed every ten minutes. The Attachments Blocked, Rejected Emails, and Bounced Emails sections are automatically refreshed every hour, on the hour. This gathers and counts the number of each that have appeared since the last task began. On average, this takes about ten minutes, but can take longer depending on the current server load.
Total Email Traffic
The Total Email Traffic section displays an hourly breakdown of your total internal, inbound, and outbound email traffic over the previous seven days. You can hover over a graph's data point to display the number of the emails per category at a given point in time.
You can zoom in on the graph's data to display the hourly breakdown. To do so:
- Click and drag over the graph's date range.
- Release the mouse. The graph is refreshed to display data over the selected time frame.
For example, the graph above shows a spike in incoming email on 23rd July. By selecting the graph from noon on 22 July to noon on 23 July, you can zoom in to see when the spike happened.
Displays the top five rejection types for your account, in no specific order, over a 24 hour period. You can hover over a graph's data point to display the date, time, and the number of rejections at a given point in time.
- Your account name.
- The date and time you logged in.
- Your account code.
- Your security passphrase (if one has been configured with us).
- Your support code. This must be quoted when calling Mimecast Support to log a call.
- Your account's maximum retention period for messages.
Accessing Other Dashboards
Other administrative dashboards are available from the Administration Console dashboard. When these other dashboards are accessed, they are opened in a new tab in the Administration Console.
To access a dashboard:
- Click the icon in the top left hand corner of the Administration Dashboard. A pop menu is displayed.
- Select either the:
- Attachment Protect menu item to display the Targeted Threat Protection - Attachment Protect dashboard.
- URL Protect menu item to display the Targeted Threat Protection - URL Protect dashboard.
- Large File Send menu item to display the Large File Send dashboard.