Mimecast Mobile Pro is a new version of Mimecast's Mobile app offering greater control over how employees can access your corporate data. It has a dedicated package and uses a new set of Application Settings.
Why use Mimecast Mobile Pro?
- Mimecast Mobile Pro is not available on any of the public app stores.
- Access to the download is gained through the Apple Volume Purchasing Program. It may only be accessed by Administrators.
- A separate set of Application Settings control end user access to the application, allowing Administrators to prevent access to the public version.
- The application may be deployed via any Mobile Device Management (MDM) system.
- Access is tightly restricted to managed devices.
|Feature||Mimecast Mobile||Mimecast Mobile Pro|
|Available on public app stores||✔||✖|
|Access from any device||✔||✖|
|Restricts end user access to managed devices||✖||✔|
|Allows pinlock to be disabled||✖||✔|
Can I use Mimecast Mobile Pro?
Customers may use Mimecast Mobile Pro if they:
- Employ a Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform to manage mobile devices.
- Deploy Apple iOS devices. Other platforms will be introduced further into the Beta.
- Subscribe to Apple's Volume Purchasing Program.
- Have signed a Mimecast Beta participation agreement.
Signing up to the Beta
Your Mimecast Customer Advocate or Account Manager will be able to facilitate this for you, please contact them outlining your interest. The process is straight forward and involves the signing of a beta agreement.
Once complete, the Mimecast Product Management team will contact you with further information.