- Administrators and / or IT staff responsible for setting up their Mimecast account using the Connect application.
You don't have to complete all the Connect Application tasks in one go. In fact, as some steps require us to validate the information you provide, it is likely you'll complete the process over a few sessions.
You can access the Connect application via the:
- Dedicated URL found in the email received after your account was created.
- Application Switcher icon in the Administration Console. See the Accessing Other Mimecast Applications page for full details.
Using the Dedicated URL
- Enter the Application's URL in your browser. Your browser opens with the Connect application's log in page displayed:
- Enter your Email Address. This will belong to a “holding domain” following the format of <accountcode>.mimecast.connect.
- Click the Next button.
- Select the Cloud authentication option from the drop down list.Cloud authentication must be used until you have completed the Set Up Your Authentication task. After this you can select the "Domain" option and specify your domain logon / password.
- Enter your Password.
- Click the Log In button.
What happens next depends on whether you are accessing the application:
- For the first time.
- Returning to the application.
If you are having issues logging in, click the "Login issues?" link at the bottom of the page.
Logging In For The First Time
If this is the first time you've logged on to the Connect Application, you must change your cloud password from the one supplied to you.
Once you have completed this, a welcome screen is displayed (see right). This contains some introductory information, and links to additional resources you may find useful.
If you are returning to the Connect Application having previously started one or more of the tasks (including Confirming Your Data) the welcome page is not displayed. Instead the page for the next task to be performed is displayed.
Returning to the Application
Either click the:
- Continue button to take you to the next step to be performed.
- Cancel button to take you to the Connect Application without performing a task.