- Administrators and / or IT staff responsible for setting up their Mimecast account using the Connect application.
You don't have to complete all the Connect Application tasks in one go. In fact, as some steps require us to validate the information you provide, it is likely you'll complete the process over a few sessions.
You can access the Connect application via the:
- Dedicated URL found in the email received after your account was created.
- Application Switcher icon in the Administration Console. See the Accessing Other Mimecast Applications page for full details.
To log in to the Connect Application using the dedicated URL:
- Enter the Application's URL in your browser. Your browser opens with the Connect login page displayed.
- Enter your Email Address. This will belong to a “holding domain” following the format of <accountcode>.mimecast.connect.
- Click the Next button.
- Select the Cloud authentication option from the drop-down list.Cloud authentication must be used until you have completed the Set Up Your Authentication task. After this you can select the "Domain" option and specify your domain logon / password.
- Enter your Password.
- Click the Log In button.
What happens next depends on whether you are accessing the application:
- For the first time.
- Returning to the application.
If this is the first time you've logged on to the Connect Application, you must change your cloud password from the one supplied to you.
Once you have completed this, a welcome screen is displayed (see right). This contains some introductory information and links to additional resources you may find useful.
If you return to the Connect Application having previously started one or more of the tasks (including Confirming Your Data) the welcome page is not displayed. Instead, the page for the next task to be performed is displayed.
If you are returning to the application, the last completed task is displayed when you log on. A link is also provided at the bottom of the screen to any tasks that are in progress but not complete. Either click the:
- Continue button to take you to the next step to be performed.
- Cancel button to enter the Connect Application without performing a task.