If you have synchronized your Active Directory with us, all your user accounts are automatically created. Under normal circumstances, you won't need to add any additional users, provided they are maintained in your Active Directory.
On the rare occasions where you need to add additional user accounts, you can do so manually. This could be because:
- They don't exist in your directory.
- You're not planning on synchronizing with your directory.
To help you, we've provided a downloadable spreadsheet template. Using this spreadsheet ensures you provide all the information required to create the user accounts. Once you have added the user account details, you import the spreadsheet. We'll validate the contents, and if the validation is successful, the user accounts are added.
- Click the Platform | Add Additional Users menu item.
- Click the Start button.
- Click the Download button. A comma separated (.CSV) file is downloaded to your browser's download location.
- Add the Email Addresses to the .CSV file. See the CSV File Requirements section below for further details.
- Save the .CSV file.Steps 6 and 7 can be performed in one step by clicking and dragging the CSV file into the file field.
- Click the Select CSV File button in the Connect Application.
- Select the .CSV File. A progress bar is displayed while the file is imported.
The file is automatically validated and imported once you have selected it. If the file contains any errors, these are displayed. You must correct these before reattempting steps 6 and 7 above. Once all the users have been created, a summary is displayed of the number of additional users that have been added.
When adding users via the Connect application, all email addresses (primary and alias) are treated the same, and they won't be linked. If you require alias email addresses to be added and linked to a primary email address, the Administration Console must be used. See the Adding Users Using a Spreadsheet Import page for full details.
To import emails addresses via the Connect application, the file must only:
- Have one email address per row.
- Include values in the template's columns:
Column Description Specify the user's email address. Name Specify the user's name. Password Specify the user's password. Force Change Password Specify whether the user will be forced to change their password. Acceptable values are TRUE or FALSE.
- If a £ character exists anywhere in the file's contents, the file must be saved with UTF-8 encoding. Failure to do so will cause the file import to fail.