We recommend synchronizing your Active Directory with us, so all your user accounts can be automatically created and maintained. See the Connect Application: Synchronizing Your Directory page for full information. If you prefer not to, or you need to add a user that doesn't exist in the Active Directory, you can manually add users.
Importing User Accounts Manually
We provide a downloadable spreadsheet template to help you manually import users. While you can create your own template, using our spreadsheet ensures you provide all the information required to create the user accounts. Once imported, we'll validate the spreadsheet contents, and add the user accounts after validation.
- Log on to the Connect Application.
- Click on the Platform | Add Users Manually menu item.
- Click the Start button.
- Click the Download button. The "User Import Template" (CSV) file is downloaded to your browser.
- Open the CSV file and enter the user accounts and objects with their passwords. Include primary addresses, alias addresses, and group addresses. See the "CSV File Requirements" section below for further details.
- Save the CSV file.
- To import the CSV file, either:
- Click on the Select CSV File button and select your saved CSV file.
- Click and drag the CSV file directly into the file field.
The file is automatically validated and imported once the upload is complete. If the file contains any errors, these are displayed. You must correct these before reattempting step 7 above. If the import is successful, a summary page displays the number of users added.
CSV File Requirements
When adding users, all email addresses (primary and alias) are treated the same, and won't be linked. If you require alias email addresses to be added and linked to a primary email address, the Administration Console must be used. See the Adding Users Using a Spreadsheet Import page for full details.
To import emails addresses via the Connect application, the file must:
- Have one email address per row.
- Be saved with UTF-8 encoding if a "£" character exists anywhere in the file contents, otherwise, the file import will fail.
- Include values in the template's columns:
Column Description Specify the user's email address. Name Specify the user's name. Password Specify the user's password. Force Change Password Specify whether the user will be forced to change their password. Acceptable values are TRUE or FALSE.