We recommend synchronizing your Active Directory with us, so all your user accounts can be automatically created and maintained. See the Connect Application: Synchronizing Your Directory page for full information. If you prefer not to, or you need to add a user that doesn't exist in the Active Directory, you can manually add users.
To add user accounts manually, you can:
- Import users via the downloadable spreadsheet available in the application.
- Create individual or multiple users by entering the account details directly in the application.
Adding User Accounts Manually
To add user accounts manually:
- Log on to the Connect Application.
- Click on the Platform | Add Users Manually menu item.
- Click the Start button. Follow the instructions below depending on whether you are importing users via the template, or creating individual users.
Importing Users via Spreadsheet
To import users via spreadsheet:
- Click the Download the template link from the Import Users tab. The spreadsheet downloads to your browser in .xlsx format.
- Open the file and enter the user account items and passwords in the required fields, including any primary, alias, and group email addresses. See the "File Requirements" section below for further details.Any mail-enabled address can be included in the spreadsheet (e.g. distribution list "email@example.com"). You can add up to 500 addresses per import. If you have more than 500 addresses, import them in batches.
- Save the template in .xls or .xlsx file format.
- To import the template, either:
- Click on the Select File button and select your saved file.
- Click and drag the file directly into the file field.
- Once the file is uploaded, the contents are validated and imported automatically. Any errors in the file display and you must correct these before reattempting an upload. The file is processed in the background and can take some time depending on the number of rows and colums.
To import emails addresses via the Connect application, the file must:
- Be saved in .xls or .xlsx format.
- Have one email address per row.
- Be saved with UTF-8 encoding if the file content contains a "£" character. Otherwise, the file import will fail.
- Include the following values in the template's columns:
Column Description Specify the user's email address. Name Specify the user's name. Password Specify the user's password. Force Change Password Specify whether the user will be forced to change their password. Acceptable values are TRUE or FALSE.
Creating Individual Users
To import individual users:
- Select the Create Individual Users tab.
- Click on the Create User button. A pop up dialog displays.
- Enter the user's account information in the required fields as below:
Field Description Name Enter the first and last name of the user. Email Address Enter the start of the user's email address. The primary address domain will display by default. Click on the down arrow to select a different domain if required. Password Create a new password for the user. It must meet the following requirements:
If your Administration Console is configured with a different password complexity, it will be honored. See the Configuring Password Complexity and Expiration page for more information.
- Be a minimum of 8 characters
- Include at least one lowercase character (a-z)
- Include at least one uppercase character (A-Z)
- Include at least one numeric character (0-9)
- Include at least one non-alphanumeric ( !@#$..)
Confirm Password Re-enter the created password. Make a note of the password before you continue. Security Optionally select the Force Password Change box to ensure the user creates a new password. We recommend using this setting to increase security.
- Click on the Add button.
- To add more users, repeat steps 2 to 4. You can add up to 500 users at a time.
- The new user details display, listed under Users to be Added. Optionally click the Remove link to delete an entry.
- When you're ready, click the Finish button.
A summary page displays once the upload is successful, which includes:
- The option to upload additional accounts in your current session. To do so, click on the Import More Users button.
- A list of all your current internal users under User Import Status.
- Confirmation details of your recent upload. Click on the More links under:
- Completed Imports to display details of the uploaded file/s.
- Individual Users to display details of the created user account/s.