- New clients connecting with Mimecast using the Connect Application. If you are not using the Connect Application, click here.
- Customers using Mimecast for email security.
Before you can modify youe MX records, the following Connect tasks must be completed:
To route your organization’s inbound email through us, you must update your mail exchanger (MX) records. This designates us as the mail service responsible for accepting email on your behalf. The process for doing this depends on your DNS hosting provider. The following instructions are provided as a guide only.
To update your mail exchanger (MX) records:
- Click the Gateway | Modify Your MX records menu item.
- Click the Start button.
- Click on the Next button to proceed.
- Select a Domain to Validate from the drop down list. All domains that have a delivery route are listed. Other domains can be validated on the summary page.Steps 5 to 9 are performed outside of the Connect application. When you have completed them, return to the application to finish the task.
- Log in to your DNS Hosting Account.
- Go to the MX Record Maintenance page. You may have to enable advanced settings to access this page which may be located in:
- DNS Management
- Mail Server Configuration
- Name Server Management
- Enter the Inbound Hostnames displayed in the application into your MX records. These must be added with the same priority to ensure proper round robin load distribution and redundancy.
- Save your changes.
- Return to the Connect application.
- Click on the Validate button. If the validation is successful, the following message is displayed:
- Click on the Finish button.
- Domains that are pending validation.
- Your MX record status.
- Your inbound email status.