You can search your Mimecast Personal Portal folders for messages using a series of search criteria. This includes your archived folders, if this is enabled as part of your account package.
Searching a Folder
To search a folder:
- Click in the Search Bar at the top of the folder's contents.
- Type a Search Query. As you type your search query, matches are displayed, with up to five results displayed from each category (e.g. From Address”, “To Address”, “Saved Search”). When searching for contacts, you can search for their name or email address.
If you know the syntax used by the search tool, you can type it in directly into the search box. Each piece of search criteria is entered inside a parenthesis. In the example below, we're searching for messages:
- With a subject of "Sales Report".
- From email@example.com
- To firstname.lastname@example.org
- Containing the keywords "First Quarter".
To refine a search query:
- Click on the Search Options link.
- Specify additional search criteria, including:
- Date Range
- From Address
- To Address
- Click on the Search button.
Sorting the Search Results
When the search results are first displayed, they are in descending order (i.e. the newest message is at the top of the results). You can toggle the results to sort between the oldest or newest results.
To sort your search results by date, either:
- Click on the Newest icon to sort by the oldest results. The icon's wording changes to "Oldest", to indicate that the messages are sorted with the oldest displayed first.
- Click on the Oldest icon to sort by the newest results. The icon's wording changes to "Newest", to indicate that the messages are sorted with the newest displayed first.
Saving a Search
To save a search query to use again:
- Click on the Search Options icon to the right of the search bar.
- Click on the Save This Search link in the bottom left hand corner. The Save Search dialog is displayed.
- Specify a Name for the search. A name is automatically provided based on your search criteria, but you can change this. Our example shows "MFO 7.4, Archive, 1 Year" because the search searches the archive for messages less than a year old with a subject of "MFO 7.4".
- Click on the Save button. The search now displays in your Saved Search list.
Deleting a Saved Search
- Click in the Search Bar at the top of the folder's contents. A list of your saved searches is displayed.
- Hover over the Saved Search to be deleted.
- Click on the Delete icon to the right of the saved search. The search is removed from your list of saved searches.