This article describes how to block a specified sender or domain, as well as how to report spam or phishing to the Mimecast Security Team. The difference between the two actions is as follows:
- Block a sender's address or domain. This added the sender's address or domain to your personal blocked senders list.
- Report the message as spam or phishing. This automatically triggers the following actions:
- The message is moved to your Junk E-Mail folder in Microsoft Outlook.
- The sender of the message is added to your Blocked Senders list.
- The message is forwarded to the Mimecast Security Team for analysis.
Block a Sender's Address / Domain
To block a sender's address or domain:
- Select one or multiple messages.
- Select the Block Sender drop-down.
- Select Block Sender or Block Domain.
Report Spam or Phishing
To report a message as spam or phishing:
- Select a message.
- Select the Report Message icon and select the required action.
- Click Report in the confirmation pop-up to report the email as spam or phishing.