This article describes applying Document Services actions to a message.
- Document Conversion
- Attachment strip and link
- End users of Mimecast Personal Portal v3.
- Where Document Services policies have been applied to the group of users.
The Document Conversion menu provides two default options, as well as any Document Services policies that your Administrator has made available
- Compose a new email or reply to/forward an existing email.
- Select the Document Conversion icon.
Select the desired Document Services policy or one of the generic items:
Default Policy - The Document Services policy set as default by the administrator will be applied.
No Conversion - Ensures no Document Services policies are applied to the email.
- Having composed your email the Document Services policies will be applied by the Mimecast Gateway when the email is sent.
Attachment strip and link
When applied Mimecast removes any attachment over 1Mb and instead sends the recipient a notification with a link to download the attachment.