If your administrator has configured a Document Services Definition and Policy, you can apply a document conversion profile to a message. This allows you to perform various actions on the message including:
- Converting documents to other file formats.
- Replace all attachments over 1 MB from a message, and replace it with a notification. This is sent to the recipient, and contains a link they can use to download the attachment from Mimecast.
- Stripping revision information from documents, including:
- Document properties
- Author credentials
- Tracked changes
- Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications macros.
The Document Conversion menu provides two default options, as well as any Document Services policies your administrator has made available.
- Compose a message.
- Select the Document Conversion icon.
Select the Document Services Policy you want to apply to the message. The following default options are provided:
Default Policy: The Document Services policy set as default by your administrator is applied.
No Conversion: No Document Services policies are applied to the message.
Attachment Strip and Link
When applied, Mimecast removes any attachment over 1 MB, and instead sends the recipient a notification with a link to download the attachment.