This article outlines the process for disabling the Smart Search bar located in the message list view when Mimecast for Outlook is installed.
Mimecast for Outlook v7
To disable Smart Search bar located in the message list view:
- Follow the guidance for Creating / Changing Application Settings.
- In the Outlook section, deselect the Enable Outlook Message List Smart Search Bar option.
- Click the Save button.
Mimecast for Outlook v6.1 R1 or Higher
This section is provided to allow customers to manually disable the Smart Search bar using a custom MSI.
- Once steps 1 and 2 of the The Mimecast for Outlook Configuration Tool article are complete, hold down the CTRL + SHIFT + ↑ keys.
- Select the new Outlook Capabilities tab. This allows for certain settings to be overridden manually.
Only the Archive.Search.Smart setting should be disabled. Disabling other functionality without being directed to do so by Mimecast Support may result in undesirable behavior of the Add-In. Troubleshooting issues or updating settings via the Administration Console later may be severely hampered.
- Expand the Archive | Archive.Search branch.
- Select Archive.Search.Smart.
- Add this to the disable list by selecting Add.
- Complete any other standard configuration.
- Save the MSI as outlined in Mimecast for Outlook Configuration Tool.