Customers who archive with or journal to Mimecast, may not wish to surface the search functionality to end users. This article outlines the process for using the Mimecast for Outlook Configuration Tool to disable the search functionality.
- Mimecast for Outlook.
- Administrators responsible for deploying Mimecast for Outlook.
This article allows customers to manually disable search functionality using a custom MSI. Mimecast will soon provide this functionality via Application Settings in the Administration Console. Customers should default to this mechanism once it is available.
- Once steps 1 and 2 of the Mimecast for Outlook Configuration Tool article are complete, hold down the CTRL + SHIFT + ↑ keys.
- Select the new Outlook Capabilities tab. This allows for certain settings to be overridden manually.
Only the Archive setting should be disabled. Disabling other functionality without being directed to do so by Mimecast Support may result in undesirable behavior. Troubleshooting issues or updating settings via the Administration Console later may be severely hampered.
- Select Archive.
- Add this to the disable list by selecting Add.
Should you wish to only disable isolated sub-sections of the Archive section, expand the section and select the required items from the list as outlined above.
- Complete any other standard configuration.
- Save the MSI as outlined in Mimecast for Outlook Configuration Tool.