If you're using Microsoft Outlook v7.2 or before and archive or journal your email to Mimecast, you can disable the search functionality to end users. This article outlines how to do this by creating a custom .MSI file using the Mimecast for Outlook Configuration Tool.
- Administrators responsible for deploying Mimecast for Outlook v7.2 or before.
- Hold down the CTRL + SHIFT Keys and press the ↑ Key.
- Click on the Outlook Capabilities tab. This allows for certain settings to be overridden manually.
Only disable the Archive option. Disabling other functionality without being directed to do so by Mimecast Support, can result in undesirable behavior and severely hamper troubleshooting issues or updating settings via the Administration Console.
- Click on the Archive option.
- Click on the Add button to add this to the disable list.
Should you wish to only disable isolated sub-sections of the archive section, expand the section and select the required items from the list as outlined above.
- Save the .MSI File as outlined in Mimecast for Outlook Configuration Tool.