The Mailbox Storage Management feature is configured in the Administration Console and additionally requires the Mimecast Synchronization Engine. This guide covers the high-level steps required to implement this feature.
Install the Mimecast Synchronization Engine
- Ensure that your environment meets the requirements for the Mimecast Synchronization.
- Download the Mimecast Synchronization Engine for the Application Downloads page.
- Install the application on a server in your environment. Learn more about the installation/upgrade process here.
Prepare your Microsoft Mailbox
- The Mimecast Synchronization Engine uses a single mailbox with elevated permissions to access the mailboxes in your organization. This is referred to as the Microsoft Mailbox.
- The Microsoft Mailbox requires Impersonation permissions to access other mailboxes. Learn how to configure this for your version of Exchange / Office 365 in the Configuring Application Impersonation article.
Configure and Bind your Mimecast Synchronization Engine Site
When configuring installation you need to:
- Add your Microsoft Mailbox.
- Optionally set custom connection settings if you are using a proxy server.
- Bind your installation to the Mimecast platform, so you can start configuring scheduled tasks.
These tasks are performed using the Mimecast Site Configure utility on your server. Learn more about these tasks in the Configuring a Mimecast Synchronization Engine Site guide.
Create a Definition
A definition is configured in the Administration Console and is where you define how the Mailbox Storage Management feature runs. Learn more about creating a definition in the Configuring a Mailbox Storage Management Definition guide.
Create a Schedule
A schedule is configured in the Administration Console and is where you define when the Mailbox Storage Management feature runs. Learn more about creating schedules in the Mimecast Synchronization Engine Schedules article.
Create a Scheduled Task
A scheduled task is configured in the Administration Console and is where your definition and schedule are applied to a group of users. Groups can either be:
- Selected from a list of group synchronized from your organization's Active Directory.
- Entered as a full DN describing an Active Directory group.
- Entered as the email address of an Exchange distribution group.
Learn more about creating scheduled tasks in the Mimecast Synchronization Engine: Exchange Tasks article.