This article outlines the release schedule of Mimecast for Outlook. It also explains the different version types, as well as best practice.
|Release Type||Build Descriptor||Description|
|Generally Available (GA)||v7.1|
|Maintenance Revision||v7.1 R1|
Mimecast for Outlook builds fall into one of the following categories:
- Generally Available builds: Mimecast for Outlook is released quarterly. Customers are advised to evaluate the release guidance for each GA build. If appropriate, customers may wish to adopt the version and deploy to their users.
- Maintenance Revision builds: Customers should not feel compelled to take each Maintenance Revision. These will largely include fixes targeted at specific customer environments or third-party add-in conflicts. Customers are advised to evaluate the release guidance, and adopt the build should it include specific fixes they require. Service Delivery will advise customers of the versions their specific issues are being resolved in as soon as that is confirmed.
Mimecast strongly recommends adopting the latest GA version as far as possible. However, we fully understand that some customers have lengthy compliance driven change management processes lasting up to 9 months. In general, customers should:
- Ensure they have at least deployed the latest major version (e.g. v7.x),
- Deploy a GA build at least once every twelve months.
Customers are strongly advised to:
- Follow the Service Updates page, and select "Inbox"' to receive email notifications as Mimecast releases new builds.
Mimecast will also announce end of life via this channel, in advance of direct customer communications. Further information can be found in the Product life cycle article.
- Enable new version available notifications for the Configuring Application Settings applicable to Administrator groups. This is described in the Enabling New Version Available Notifications article.
- Move away from any major version as soon as possible after the new version is released.