This page applies to new clients connecting with Mimecast using the Connect Application. If you are not using the Connect Application, click here.
Enabling LDAP Domain Authentication
By using this method, users are authenticated against the Active Directory using the LDAP connector configured for directory synchronization.
You must have synchronized your directory using LDAP to be able to perform this step.
To enable LDAP domain authentication:
- Click on the Platform | Set Up User Authentication menu item.
- Click the Start button in the Task Steps for LDAP section.
- Complete the Domain Authentication Test dialog by entering your Domain Email Address and Domain Password in the required fields.
- Click on the Test Authentication button. A message is displayed if authentication is successful.
- Click the Enable button to set Active Directory as your default authentication provider. A summary page displays the following notification to confirm your configuration: