You can provide end users with the ability to set or reset their Mimecast cloud password. Depending on your Mimecast package, this functionality is currently available via email only or email and SMS, with the ability to reset the password via the Mimecast Personal Portal v3. The workflow involves the user:
- Requesting a cloud password reset via email.
- Receiving a one time, time limited code via email.
- Entering the code into the Mimecast Personal Portal log in dialog.
- Being forced to reset their cloud password.
- Uses the new cloud password from then on.
There are two options that control whether an end user can reset their cloud password:
- An Authentication Profile contains a Password Reset Options option. This must be set to the method you want your users to use to reset their cloud passwords.
- A Continuity Event contains an Allow Cloud Password Reset option, which overrides the Authentication Profile option. This also must be set to the method you want your users to use to reset their cloud passwords.