Once you've created a prospect, an order can be created and submitted for them at any time. The process of submitting an order, changes the prospect's status to a Customer. You can create an order, but not submit it. This has the effect of saving the order until such time you are ready to submit it. The prospect's status is not changed to a customer in this instance.
To create an order:
- Click on the toolbar icon.
- Click on the Prospects | Prospect List menu item.
- Click the Provision button to the right of the prospect. The Prospect's Details dialog is displayed.
- Review the page, making any changes as required.
- Click the Review Order button. An online order form is displayed.
- The Managed Service Providers Agreement section is automatically populated with the following information:
Field / Option Description MSP Displays your Managed Service Provider name. Company Name This information is automatically populated using the data entered in the Prospect's dialog. Permitted Users Products Total Monthly Fees The fee amounts are automatically calculated using your contracted prices. Total Annual Fees Total One Time (Up Front) Fees Total Initial Fees
- Complete the Infrastructure Information section as required.
Field / Option Description Mail Server Select the customer's mail server from the drop down list. Archive Solution Select the customer's archive solution from the drop down list. Security MSP Select your firewall solution from the drop down list. Security On-Premise Select the customer's firewall solution from the drop down list. Continuity Select the customer's continuity method from the drop down list. Citrix / Terminal Server Select this option if the customer is using a Citrix or Terminal server. Server OS Select the operating system of the customer's mail server from the drop down list. Server OS Edition Select the operating system edition of the customer's mail server from the drop down list. AD Environment Select the customer's Active Directory environment from the drop down list. 2 Factor Authentication Select the customer's method of two factor authentication from the drop down list.If you don’t know any of these, select the Not Known or Other option.
- Complete the Order Details section as follows:
Field / Option Description Order Number If required, specify a purchase order number. Order Number Not Required If you don't use purchase orders, select this option to make the a value in the "Order Number" field unnecessary.
- Select the Tick Box confirming the order is governed by the MSA already in effect with Mimecast.
- Select the Tick Box confirming you are authorized to place such an order.
- Either click the:
- Submit Order button to submit the order.
- Save Prospect and Exit button save the changes to the prospect, but not submit an order.
- The first email is sent to the MSP submitting the order, and contains a copy of the order addendum. A copy of the addendum is also stored in the Attachments area of the Customer Details page.
- The second email is sent to the customer's Implementation Lead, and contains a link to the online Request for Information form. The customer record can be accessed immediately from the In Progress menu item.