Mimecast for Outlook v7 is a ground up re-design of the user experience, based on customer feedback and user research. We're providing an early access open preview to customers, available now, prior to General Availability (GA).
During the next few weeks, we'll provide customers with the following:
- An opportunity to assess the key changes between v6 and v7.
- Allow customers to assess the educational requirements in order to prepare for deploying v7.
- Provide an opportunity to submit early user experience feedback to Mimecast.
- Test v7 stability in their environment.
Limitations and Considerations
Prior to downloading and installing Mimecast for Outlook v7 Preview, review the following information:
- Early access is provided in line with a technical preview.
- The What's New in Mimecast for Outlook v7 article outlines the main changes.
- Prerequisites and supported environments changes:
- Minimum supported version for .NET is now v4.6.
- In line with v6 support, v7 will not install on Outlook 2007.
- Installation should be restricted to a defined test group. Do not deploy Preview builds to the wider end user population.
- Features are all functional, but should not be considered suitable as a replacement for the generally available v6.3 R2.
- Performance is not yet as it will be in the GA version.
- Focus up to this point has been maintained on refining the user experience, based upon customer development and feedback.
- Dedicated future development sprints are allocated solely to performance.
- Design and styling continue to be worked upon. Consider this should you wish to take screenshots.
- We're still working on the Known issues and Items article provided for customer reference.
- As new issues are identified, they'll be listed here with as much detail as possible.
- Follow the article, selecting Inbox, to receive email notifications as updates in relation to known issues are published.
All support and feedback for the Mimecast for Outlook v7 Open Preview should only be undertaken via the Community Forums.
Create a new discussion, including 'v7 preview' in the title for the right resources to assist you, providing as much information regarding your issue as possible. Mimecast Service Delivery will not be able to provide direct support during the Open Preview.
We love to hear your feedback and look forward to engaging with you throughout this Preview! Join the conversation.
There are two versions of Mimecast for Outlook available to download for Outlook clients. The bit version to use depends on your Outlook install, not your Windows install. If your Outlook install is a 32-bit version you will need the 32-bit version of Mimecast for Outlook.
Follow Service Updates to receive updates when new versions are published. Select Inbox to receive an email notification.
Current version Mimecast for Outlook 7.0.1762.17740 (Open Preview 3 - RC)