Mimecast for Outlook v5 End of Life

Document created by user.2oEIBdeQKn Expert on Oct 17, 2016Last modified by user.oxriBaJeN4 on Mar 27, 2017
Version 7Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Details for Mimecast for Outlook v6 End of Life can be found here.

Mimecast strives to continually innovate and evolve our solutions, to provide customers with richer functionality and more robust products. As we continue to build Mimecast for Outlook for the future, we are announcing the end of life for Mimecast for Outlook v5.

What's the impact?

Client requests from Mimecast for Outlook installations with a version earlier than v6.0 will not be accepted. This will result result in:

• Client authentication failing.
  • The features that the Mimecast for Outlook application provides not functioning.

Which versions will be affected?

• All versions of Mimecast for Outlook earlier than 6.0 will no longer be operable.
  • Mimecast for Outlook v5 was released in February 2014 and has been in extended maintenance since July 2015.

When will this happen?

This change will be enforced from May 25, 2017.

How do I check my version?

Either:

• In Microsoft Outlook, click About icon in the Mimecast tab.
  • In the Administration Console:
    1. Navigate to Administration | Services | Applications | Registered Applications.
    2. Select the Legacy Applications button.
    3. All users listed here have actively used Mimecast for Outlook version 5 recently.

How do I upgrade?

Visit the Mimecast for Outlook - Download page and review the pre-requisites for v7. Mimecast for Outlook v7 can be installed as a direct upgrade to version 5.X. There is no need to uninstall previous versions. Customers should use their normal software deployment systems to manage the upgrade.

Customers operating Outlook 2007 can only upgrade to Mimecast for Outlook v6.1. This is the latest version to support Outlook 2007. 

It is important to note that version 6 will be end of life on November 9, 2017. Microsoft extended support for Outlook 2007 ends around this time also. Customers are strongly recommended to upgrade to version 7 where they are able to.

Additional information

Attachments

Outcomes