Mimecast for Outlook v6 End of Life

Document created by user.2oEIBdeQKn Expert on Oct 17, 2016Last modified by user.oxriBaJeN4 on Mar 27, 2017
Version 7Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Details for Mimecast for Outlook v5 End of Life can be found here.

What's the impact?

Client requests from Mimecast for Outlook installations with a version earlier than v7.0 will not be accepted. This will result in:

• Client authentication failing.
  • The features that the Mimecast for Outlook application provides not functioning.

Which versions will be affected?

• All versions of Mimecast for Outlook earlier than 7.0 will no longer be operable.
  • Mimecast for Outlook v6 was released in July 2015 and entered extended Maintenance in October 2016.

When will this happen?

This change will be enforced from November 9, 2017.

How do I check my version?

Either:

• In Microsoft Outlook, click the About icon in the Mimecast tab.
  • In the Administration Console:
    1. Navigate to Administration | Services | Applications | Registered Applications.
    2. Filter by View by Platform | Outlook. Note all registered versions will be displayed here
    3. Use the text box to filter by '6.' or use the version drop-down to select each minor version of 6.

How do I upgrade?

Visit the Mimecast for Outlook - Download page, and review the prerequisites for v7. Mimecast for Outlook v7 can be installed as a direct upgrade to version 6.X. There is no need to uninstall previous versions. Customers should use their normal software deployment systems to manage the upgrade.

Microsoft extended support for Outlook 2007 ends around this time also. This version of Outlook is not supported in Mimecast for Outlook v7.

Additional Information

Attachments

Outcomes