We’re pleased to announce the availability of the Mimecast Synchronization Engine v4.0 beta release. This includes the following enhancements from previous releases:
- Global discovery and regional service endpoints.
- Automated reporting and alerts for scheduled tasks.
- A Synchronization Engine administrator role.
Global Discovery and Regional Service Endpoints
The global discovery and regional service endpoints must be accessible from the server hosting the Mimecast Synchronization Engine v4. The Mimecast Synchronization Engine v4 will need to be able to communicate with both the global discovery endpoint and the respective regional service endpoints that the customer account resides in.
Global Discovery Endpoint
The global discovery endpoint is used by the Mimecast Synchronization Engine to ascertain which region a customer account resides in. This endpoint is primarily used during the bind process, and must be permitted where restrictions on outbound traffic are in place.
Regional Service Endpoints
In addition to the global discovery endpoint, the regional service endpoints will also need to be permitted where restrictions on outbound traffic are in place.
- Scheduled task reports: Email based high level overview of all tasks assigned to a v4.0 site.
- Scheduled task alerts: Email based notifications triggered by scheduled task executions.
See the Mimecast Synchronization Engine: Automated Alerts page for further details.
Synchronization Engine Administrator Role
- A dedicated role for Mimecast Synchronization Engine v4 service accounts.
- Granular role permissions: Bind and Sync.
See the Mimecast Synchronization Engine: Synchronization Engine Administrator Role page for further details.
We are keen to receive feedback in the following areas:
- Installation and upgrades
- Automated reports and alerts
- Suggestions for improvement
To register for the Beta:
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Include the following information in the appropriate fields:
- Subject: MSE v4.0 Beta
- Body: Customer Account Code, Customer Name, Technical Point of Contact, and Account Manager.
- Any relevant technical environment details of interest (e.g. Exchange version(s) / Office 365 / Hybrid, AD topology, etc.).
- One or more areas relevant to the Mimecast Synchronization Engine, that you would like to see improved.
The installer will be provided to registered participants only.
All support for Betas undertaken through the Early Adopters Program is handled via the private Early Adopters group. Mimecast Service Delivery will not be able to provide direct support during this phase. Start a new discussion in this group, providing as much information regarding your issue as possible.
The group may also be used to share best practice, or ask questions of your peers. We love to hear your feedback and look forward to engaging with you throughout this Beta.
- Upgrades: Following an upgrade from v3.x to v4.0 of the Mimecast Synchronization Engine, upgraded sites will need to bind again.
- Automated Alerts: When saving changes, the UI may report an error while saving the configuration. A known workaround is to click on the "Back" button in the UI before trying again.
- Tooltips are required for Automated Alerts configuration options.